Apr 29, 2016

- Why I Relay -



I have always been close to my grandmother. My memories of her go way back in my early years of life. I remember how she used to take me for walks in the park when I was just a little kid, how I used to hang out at her shop playing with my favorite cat & most importantly I remember the afternoons I used to spend at her house, watching TV with her & listening to the fairy tales she used to narrate to me until I was ready to sleep. To my little self, my grandmother was a role model, a strong woman who had suffered a lot but had managed to survive & be a winner. So, when I was 9 years old and my mother told me that grams was diagnosed with a serious illness & I couldn't spend as much time with her as I used to spent, as she needs time to rest I was really sad. As weeks & months were passing by I was becoming more & more worried as my always optimist grandma was becoming more & more sad & distant from me. I remember that I was so much worried about her I was praying to God every night to keep her safe. When my mum told me that her surgery was successful I was so so happy! The next few years were very stressful for all our family as cancer could be back. Fortunately it never did! My grandmother fought with cancer & survived.


It was 18 years ago that my family experienced the horror of cancer. Even though my grandma survived, no one can forget & we can't help to thank God every day for saving her life! My beautiful grams is still here, she's very old & I feel so lucky to have her in my life.


Why do I relay? I relay to tell people that they are not alone. I relay to support individuals & families who struggle for life. I relay to give people hope that they can win this fight & that one day there will be a cure!


Visit Fantasy Faire to support the American Cancer Society.




Head: LeLutka - Stella
Body: Maitreya - Lara
Ears: Mandala - Steking Ears Season 5
Eyes: Mayfly - Luminous - Mesh Eyes - Deep Lake NEW
Skin: Lumae - Eirtae - Tone 4 - Cheri (at GenreNEW
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Thyra - Solar (at Fantasy Faire on The Golden Delta) NEW
Headpiece & Top: Luas - Katrina Soft Roses (at Fantasy Faire on Breeze) NEW
Necklace: Modern Couture - Jewelry - Orix - Silver (at Black Fashion FairNEW
Nail Polish: Dark Passions - Koffin Nails - Something Wicked (at Fantasy Faire on Blackmoor) NEW
Tattoo: Carol G. - Soul Flowers - White (at GEN-Neutral) NEW
Pose: Eternal Dream - Free Spirits (at Fantasy Faire on Breeze) NEW


Scene
Please check here.




- N <3



No comments: